Welcome to my website. I'm a writer living in Auckland, New Zealand. I hope I can be of use to you.
- I've had published over 130 books, both fiction and non-fiction. They include picture-books, readers, junior and teenage novels; a 4-volume award-winning history of New Zealand, Frontier of Dreams, The Story of New Zealand; and a life-guide book for older adults.
- Over 70 of my poems, children's plays, articles, and stories, have appeared in the New Zealand School Journal and other publications by Learning Media, as well in Australian education publications. My work has been published in over 20 anthologies.
- In some 350 visits to schools I have talked about books and writing to all age groups from young children to teenagers, and to teachers. These visits can be arranged through the NZ Book Council or by contacting me directly.
- Radio New Zealand, TV New Zealand and BBC School Radio have broadcast over 100 episodes in various series of mine for both children and adults. They include the 20-part Skiing with Father, and the 15-part Use It or Lose It, about a middle-aged man's search for fitness.
- Over 450 of my journalism articles - especially on golf, the outdoors, skiing and travel - have been published in newspapers and magazines.
- I write, edit and proof for a number of businesses and educational institutes. Good products need good words.